26 February 2022

MIND RUBRICS :PART 2

 25. Business, talks of (cross reference) A 

Meanings :- Talks: exchanges information through speech.  

Interpretation :- Exchanges information etc. about business through speech with others. It shows 

business being the main concern in one's mind. 

Versions: -- "My people have wrong impression about me. Actually nothing worries me I simply try to  know and exchange information, with others about my work. As to the progress made in the projects  left by me unfinished etc. 

26. Anxiety, expected of him when anything C 

Meanings :- Expected (v): hoped. 

Interpretation :- To be doubtful of coming up to the expectations or hopes of others and therefore the anxiety. 

Versions :- "The other day and old patron of mine brought to my clinic a case of cancer which was at  terminal stage. Now the anxiety in my mind was not the seriousness of the case but the expectation of the party. They were quite illiterate and couldn't be convinced that it was a hopeless case. Instead of  

appreciating my straight forwardness and sincerity they would have taken it in other sense that perhaps  for some reason I was not trying to be helpful to them. So the anxiety in my mind was that in case of failure it will be difficult to make them believe that it was really a hopeless case." 

27. Anxiety, others for AA 

Meanings :- Other (adj): Different from self. 

Interpretation :- Feeling concerned about others mostly ignoring self. 

Versions :- " I am never bothered much about my own difficulties. I just can't see others in trouble.  Although I may not be able to help them." 

28. Anxiety, pains from the C 

Meanings :- Pains (n): Result of strain received by nerves. 

Interpretation :- Feeling of uncomfortableness about the impact of pains lest they be damaging or  remain permanent. 

Versions:- "I am worried because of these pains. I do not know where they will land me. Who knows  whether they will leave me or not. If it happens so, will it be without any harm or damage?" 

29.Avarice B 

Meanings:- Avarice (n): An excessive desire to gain and hoard wealth. 

Versions: -" once a patient told me about his behaviour while spending. He related that he was a man 

of lakhs yet he would not like to part with the money which once entered his safe, or the purse. For  instance, he added that for making payment for my medicine he would wait for certain fresh receipts  and would not touch collections already received and revealed further that this tendency was generally the cause of dispute between him and the members of his family." 

30.Bed, aversion to C 

Meanings:- Bed (n): A place for resting. 

Interpretation:- It can be of any shape differing with personal taste from individual to individual.  Disliking to remain in bed. 

Versions:- ''InternallyI feel that I need rest and I must lie down but actually it is not possible for me  because lying in bed is not to may taste." 

31. Bed, desire to remain in A 

Interpretation :- liking to remain in bed, most of the time even when it is not the time to be in bed. 

Versions: -- "If I am told to remain in bed for all the twenty-four hours. I shall be happy. I can do  anything but only by laying in bed. The jobs which require standing or sitting position on  uncomfortable to me." 

32. Begging C 

Meanings :- Begging (v): Asking for, as a gift, charity or favour from any-one. Versions :- Who-so-ever comes to me I ask for his favor of getting me poison, or cure. 

33. Praying (cross reference) 

Meanings: -Praying (v): Asks earnestly for a favor of a person who is competent to grant it. 

Versions: - "Dr. I request you with folded hands for favor of taking more interest in my case and getting  me rid of my pains as I am in a great trouble. It is only you who can cure me being a doctor. Rather it  will be useless to prey to God because he will not come himself but getting it done through you." 

34. Business, averse to A 

Meanings: -Business: To lose interest in business or business does not interest him. 

Versions: --- "I do attend my work but without much interest. I simply go and come back without doing anything." 

35. Business, incapacity for A

Meanings: -- Incapacity (n): lack of power in performance. 

Interpretation: -- Feeling of incapability for business or lack of power of performance for business. 

Versions :- " My work do interest me but I do not feel, I have the required energy to accomplish it.  Therefore I cannot do it." 

36. Capriciousness A  

Meanings :- capriciousness (n): Wanting something but knowing not what. 

Interpretation: -that this why rejects those very things desired by him a moment before.  

Versions:- 

 (1) this much I am sure that there is some relief after taking your medicine. But I can't tell  exactly in what respect of in what proportion. 

 (1) "Doctor I can tell you only this much that I require medicine and I am not well and  nothing more than this because I myself do not know in detail as to what is exactly my problem. So is try to prescribe without asking anything more about my sickness." 

37. Carefulness A 

Meanings:- Carefulness (n): watchfulness. 

Interpretation :- being careful while doing things, lest something goes wrong. To compare the meaning  of cautious with carefulness: one can be cautious ( watchful) before anything happens and careful while  doing something . 

Versions:- There was a patient who would always bring in writing the minutest details about his  sickness and even while reading them to me he will try to recollect and add if he found that something  was left. When he was told that those details were not needed by me, he replied, " You may take it as  my carefulness I feel you must get complete information about my sickness, to give the right medicine .  In case you do not give full attention to what I say, I would not be able to trust your medicine." 

38. Cares, full of 

Meanings:- Cares(n): Worries, concerns. 

 Full (adj): Filled to utmost capacity. 

Interpretation:- To remain concerned all the time about one or the other thing. To be never free from  worry. 

Versions:- I think as if all the worries of the world are meant for me . All the time my mind is occupied  by one or the other worry." 

39. Cares, full of ailments from C

Meanings:- Ailments(n): Physical Disorders. 

 From (prep): Because of . 

Interpretation:- To develop the habit of worrying oneself as a result of ailments; might be because of loss of general efficiency. 

Versions :- It is since the day I fell sick that I have become a person full of worries. All the time some  or the other problem remains occupying my mind." 

40. Cares, full of domestic affairs about B 

Meanings:-Domestic (adj): Pertaining to household. 

 Affairs ( n): things requiring action or to be done. 

Interpretation:- To remain full of worries concerning household affairs. 

Versions:- "Except matters concerning home, nothing else enters my mind. I cannot help that. I know it is too much, but I also know that it is unavoidable." 

 " Are you really fed up with it ?" "No, No, who else will look after it . After all home is home . I have  to worry about it." 

41. Cares, full of trifles about A     

Meanings :- Trifles (n): things of little importance. 

Interpretation :- To worry even for matters of very little importance. 

Versions :- "It is only the minor things that worry her more. I am surprised why it should be like that.  To her all it looks necessary. 

42. Carried, desires to be. A 

Meanings :- carried, (n): In the state of being transported. 

Interpretation :- An urge to be carried physically and be in a comfortable state. (As if not in a position  to carry one's own weight). 

In other awards wants to be in a state of diverted attention by some other person as if not in a position  to lead one's own mind himself. 

In straight terms: wants to be in a state of health, by a knee method whosoever can make it possible. 

Versions :- my present condition is so bad that I feel, to live in it anymore is not possible for me. If  trying to find someone who can pull me out of it. It may be a doctor, a system of medicine. 

43. Carried, desires to be slowly C 

Meanings :- Slowly (adj): lower than the normal speed. 

Interpretation :- Wants to be carried slowly to avoid jerks and jolts. Wants to be treated without a  troubled or inconvenience. 

Versions :- "I am not in a hurray. Take even more than due time. I am not happy when things moved  fast. I believe in things moving quite comfortably without jerks and in a slow and smooth manner. I  simply would like to be sure that if on the road to cure, and getting your sympathies and blessings." 

44. Carried, desires to be fast. A 

Meanings: -- Fast (adj): More than the normal speed. 

Interpretation :- Wants to be in a state of relief with speed without having to wait a longer. 

Versions :- (1) " please do something quickly. Otherwise do not blame me if I do not come to you  anymore. You will like to know the reason which is very simple that I want relief of pain as quickly as  possible." " Why are you in such a great hurray?" "You are very strange. Who will not like the quick  relief." 

 (2) " Doctor do you have any medicine which can give quick relief one of the reasons for  not coming to homoeopathy is that it is slow in healing." 

45. Cautious A 

Meanings :- Cautious (adj): Watchful. 

Interpretation :- Watchful before anything unwanted happens. This is as a matter of prevention. 

Versions :- "These days seasonal disease are quite common. I wanted to know whether it is possible to prevent them by homoeopathy." 

46. Cautious, anxiously A 

Meanings :- anxious (v): With concern. 

Interpretation :- watchful with concern and wants to be educated fully about the nature of his disease,  etc. so as to be able to take preventive measures with certainty and well in advance.  

Versions :- " sir, many times I have requested you to tell me the name of the disease I am suffering  from, but you have been avoiding it. I must tell you that unless I am sure that my treatment is on the  right lines I shall not feel comfortable." 

47. Clinging, to persons or furniture AA

Meanings :- Clinging (v): sticking or coming closer by embracing. 

Interpretation :- sticking or coming closer to persons or furniture by embracing.  Sticking or fastening oneself to anything tightly or closely with no idea of leaving it as  long as one's faith allows it. 

Versions :- (1) Generally mothers complain about their children that they cling to them so badly that  they will not leave them even for a moment. There are instances also that if the child once selects  anyone in the family as a preference he will not like to go to another and that's why everybody hesitates  to offer him a lift. 

 (2)" If you could cure a case of cancer you will definitely be able to cure me because my  case is not that serious. It is this idea which has been convincing me to stick to you." 

 (3) " It is after a lot of consideration, enquiries and assurances from others that I decide  upon a doctor and that is why once I start treatment do not leave him easily." 

48. Clinging, child awakens, terrified, know no one , screams, clings to those near. B Meanings :- Child (n): Infant, immature. 

 Awakens (v): Becomes aware. 

 Terrified (adj): Subjected to intense fear. 

 Knows (v): Recognizes. 

 Screams(v): Cries with shrill sound. 

Interpretation:- While asleep child awakens. Full of terror and in that condition does not recognize  anyone but simply catches hold of the people who are near and will stick to them. 

Versions:- (1) This rubric has generally been found application in the cases of children. A mother may come to you one day and report, that her child awakens in a terrifield state and recognises no one but simply screams and tries to cling to any person who is near by. 

(2) Elders may also behave in this manner . For example a person was reminded of a tragedy which he  met previously . The idea overtook his mind that it was about to repeat itself and terrified him to the  extent that he started behaving in senseless manner and tried to cling to those near him, crying 'save’,’  save'. 

49. Company averse to, avoids the sight of people and lies with eyes closed. B 

Meanings :- company (n): championship. 

 Eyes (n) closed: not allowing oneself to see.

  

Interpretation:- Wanting not to be seen by the people lies in a corner with eyes closed away from  company. 

Versions:- "I don't like company and try to get aside to remain unnoticed and to see others by lying with  eyes closed." 

50. Company, averse to, desires solitude lies with eyes closed(cross reference) 

Meanings:- Solitude (n): Loneliness.  

 Lies (v): Remain in a state of inactivity. 

Interpretation:- For achieving loneliness, wants to be left alone and lies eyes closed. This is another  condition of mind just near to the previous one. But with a little difference. Here the wish is just to be  lonely and without company by lying with eyes closed . 

Versions :- some time when I get tired after work, I want to the remain alone, leaving all activity &  lying down with eyes closed. 

51. Deeds, feels as if he could do great A 

Meanings :- deeds (n): achievement. 

Interpretation :- thinks that he could do many great deeds in the past, even in the present and also  tomorrow if given the requisite conditions. 

Versions :- "it is because of my sickness that I could not do anything of much value. Otherwise, I  would have shown my worth. I had many great things in mind to do but destiny had its own course." 

52. Defiant A 

Meanings :- Defiant (adj): One who is in a mood to boldly resist (defy) an authority or any opposing  force which has started dominating it, in intolerant of domination.  

Interpretation :- challenges the present state of health and declares will not live with it. 

Versions :- when he realizes after making a lot of efforts that his condition is not improving and the disease seems to be overpowering him he becomes defiant and says, "I am not going to accept this  condition of my health. Neither I shall like to live as a sick person. I want to live as a healthy man. I  will see that I must get well, whatever may be the cost and whatever may be the effort or I will commit  suicide." 

53. Delirium, blames himself for his folly AA 

Meanings :- Delirium (n): Going out of the her furrow or going off the rails. 

 Blame (v): To hold responsible for a fault. 

Interpretation :- In a state of imbalanced mind the person holds himself responsible for a fault and treats 

his action as foolish. 

Versions :- " I am suffering because of my own folly. Yesterday I was on an invitation. Food was very  tasty. I knew that I was eating beyond my capacity. Even then I did not listen to my inner voice and the  result is before you, I am having a severe pain in my stomach.'' 

54. Delirium, crying for help AA 

Meanings :- Crying (adj): to utter or pronounce loudly in that sounds of lamentation, grief or suffering,  usually with tears. 

 Help (n): To call for assistance very effectively. 

Interpretation :- in a state of delirium man is uttering loudly 'save', ' save'. 

Versions :- " My condition is alarming. Take it serious. Doctor! please do something. Otherwise I  shall be no more." 

55. Delusions, help calling for, AA 

 (cross reference) shrieking, aid for (sec. no. 129) 

Meanings:- Delusions (n): Sensation. 

 Help(v) : Effective assistance. 

 Calling for (n): A feeling of need for. 

Interpretation:- A sensation, a feeling from within (through sensory nerves) is conveying that the system has started asking for help. Earlier to this it was thought that a little aid in the form of tea, milk or some  home made stimulants will suffice to tide over the crisis. But the trouble could not be stopped or  checked and ultimately the need for help , 'save', 'save', has reached. 

Versions:- " I am not feeling well, since many days. But I did not take it seriously in the beginning. I  thought that with the help of some aid in the form of tea or hot drinks things will be okay. But now after  so many days I feel that the situation is going out of my hand and I must get the proper medicine  otherwise the disease will pull me down." 

56. Delusions, injury: is about to receive A 

Meanings :- Injury (n): Damage or harm. 

 To receive (v): To have. 

 About (prep) to: any moment without notice, as if something is ahead. Interpretation:- It is being conveyed through senses that one is going to have some harm any moment. 

Versions:-"something from within is giving me to feel that a sever attack of fever or something else is  around the corner and is about to plunge me into a great suffering." 

57. Delusions, is being injured AA 

Meanings:- Injured (adj) : Being harmed. 

Interpretation:- Sensation as if the person is continuously being harmed. 

Versions:- "I am in trouble. The whole body is aching. Pains, feeling of nausea and severe headache  ,etc are as if injuring me." 

58. Delusions, is being injured by his surroundings B 

Meanings :- surrounding (n): things, persons and atmosphere, which encircle a person from all sides. Interpretation :- Feels that his surroundings are harming him. 

Versions :- "People around me are not co-operating and are rather selfish. This hurts me a lot."

59. Delusions, poor thinks he is AA 

Meanings:-Poor (adj): Short of somthing. 

Interpretation:- One who is short of as much of something as is required to remove poverty.  This term varies from man to man. A person may not feel poor even after having lost  a lakh of rupees but another may even after losing just one rupee. So in this case since a person feels  short of one rupee he is to be treated as poor by one rupee. In this way it is a relevant term. 

Versions:-" I am not quiet fit . It is as if I am lacking in general efficiency. This may be due to age also.  I accept that age has its own bearing." 

60. Delusions, sick imagines himself C 

Meanings :- sick (adj) who has some disease. 

Interpretation :- one condition is being actually sick and the other is imagining that one is sick. In this  case it is also possible that one is actually having ill-health but in addition his mind is deeply under  strain that he is sick. 

Versions:- " I feel I am a sick person. This feeling is all the time griping my mind. For my short comings I always offer the excuse of my having ill-health. I generally tell people that I do not keep  good health and that's why cannot attend to their calls." 

61. Delusions, thin is getting AA 

62. Delusions, thin body is AA 

Meanings:- Thin(adj): Diluted in real substance.

Interpretation:- Rubric no. 61 to 62 convey two different sensations. One is that the person is getting  thin. The process seems to be continuous, the sensation is that he is getting thin day by day. The other is  that the body is already thin. So getting thin means that his energies are gradually getting diluted which  are heading him towards grave and the other is he is already thin. So getting thin and may break  anytime. This is a sensation about the structure of the body. About the mental set up he feels that he is  losing or has lost grit, guts or self-confidence. 

Versions 61. (1)" I feel I am losing fat day by day. I am not worried, but quite conscious about it"  (2) "I don't know the reason but I feel that day by day I have been losing the grit, the  force the confidence which once used to be reflected in the way of  my talking on my face." 

Versons62. (1) "I feel that I am thin and not up to the mark. Can you do anything? I want to gain some fat." 

 (2) "in spite of being fat and without the sign of thinness she feels she is half of her old  size." 

63. Delusions, wretched, thinks she looks, when looking in a mirror. A 

Meanings:- Wretched (adj): One who is in a very unfortunate condition or circumstances, attended with  misery and sorrow. 

Interpretation :- while looking at her face in the mirror she thinks that she looks the one who is  surrounded by misery and unfortunate conditions. 

Versons :- what is mirror? Which presents the picture of the object placed before it so vividly that  nothing remains hidden. 

 There are two aspects of this rubric : 

 (1) "in the mirror when I look at my face and the whole structure of my body I am  reminded of the reality that I look ugly amongst the people who are in my contact. Although all of  them are decent, and never point out my shortcoming I feel that how fortunate I would have felt had I been gifted with a good looking personality along with the present surroundings." 

 (2) "when I see people belonging to well off classes enjoying life and compare it with that of  mine, like a mirror my reality passes before my inner eyes. That I was born a low class with a very  mean Job and will die with the same status. Feeling of being unfortunate and miserable comes up in my mind." 

64. Delusions, wrong, fancies has done B 

Meanings :- Wrong (adj): Not in accordance with what is morally right or good.  Fancies (n): inclinations exercised in capricious manner.  

Interpretation :- He seems to be imagining that a particular action taken by him was wrong and not  based on proper judgment. 

(1) "I know I should not have taken your medicine without your instructions." 

(2) "After I had eaten it. Perhaps I had forgotten that it had never suited me.

(3) "it so happens that after a long time of overall relief I am tempted to test whether my system is still  allergic to certain items of food with otherwise I relish very much. But after eating I realize that I  should not have done this experiment with myself once again". 

65. Delusions, wrong as suffered AA 

Meanings :- suffered (v): subjected to. 

Interpretation :- has been subjected to injustice or made to undergo injustice. May be because of his own mistakes or by the deeds of others. 

Versions :- (1) "people around me have not been fair to me." 

 (2) "Dr. let me tell you frankly that your medicine seems to have harmed me instead of  giving some relief." 

 (3) "I expected some relief and you say you medicine has aggravated. I never wanted it. I  have been deceived  

66. Discouraged, alternating with haughtiness. B 

 (cross reference) timidity, alternating with assurance. 

Meanings: - discouraged (v): deprived of courage; disheartened. 

 Haughtiness (n): tendency to suppress one's weakness by giving himself false assurance. 

Interpretation :- here two feelings are interchanging with one another. On the one hand it is one of  courage or a sense of impotence and on the other is an effort to suppress this reality. Where within him  the feeling of impotency persists, outwardly by false assurances he tells himself that he is not  discouraged and will be in a position to manage whatever problem he is going to face or is faced with.  Actually he is adamant not to yield although internally he realizes if something actually happens he may  not stand it. 

Versions :- "two states interchange between one another in my mind. When I apparently find no chance  of recovery. All sorts of discouraging thoughts surround me. But when I find myself totally  demoralized I try to suppress my thoughts and force myself to accept what internally I feel is not true.  "Why do you worry, nothing is going to happen." These are the words that I shall try to repeat to  myself again and again." 

67. Disconcerted AA 

Meanings :- Disconcerted (adj): defeated, deprived of harmony, frustrated. 

Interpretation :- Accepts the defeat and ceases further efforts. 

Versions :- "My hands are up. I cannot bear anymore which you mean aggravations,etc. of medicine. I  am sorry I am abandoning your treatment." 

68. Disgust A Meanings :- disgust (v): a strong disliking, a strong aversion. 

Interpretation :- this is a state of disliking for anything where one feels that in him no further room is  left for even a little liking further for the thing, in question. Rather it has crossed the limits of acceptancy where he is nauseating and is on the verge of vomiting. 

Versions :- (1) "I am fed up of taking medicine daily. I feel like stopping it for some time. Please tell  me for how long more. I shall have to take it."  

(2) "when shall I can get rid of this disease? I am so fed up the Doctor, I cannot tell you."

69. Disturbed , averse to being AA 

Meanings :- disturbed (adj) unsettled, uncomposed. 

Interpretation :- It is both ways. If already disturbed wants to remove disturbance, if settled will not  like to be unsettled. 

What can be disturbed? Something that is at peace or rest or stationary. Suppose there is a tank full of  water, and in a state of complete tranquility if a stone is thrown into it the water will be said to have  been disturbed or unsettled. Also displaced from its seat or from its original position. This may be otherwise also. Something is already disturbed and is trying to regain its original position  i.e. the state of peace and in that process of restoration if he gets interference of any kind, he will not  like it and resent it. That state of mind will also be called ' Disturbed' 'averse to being' 

Versions :- (1) "Once I take a position, I do not like to change it. As it takes away from me, the comfort  which I somehow or the other try to manage." 

(2) "I get internally unsettled, I want to regain my original state of mind and body." 

(3) "if I get rid of of this pain, I shall be alright." 

(4) "I want to his sit or lie down, I feel for it but I am unable to, act as I wish." 

70. Dullness, understands questions only after repetition. B 

Interpretation :- This has already been explained, see rubric no. 20. 

71. Embarrassed, ailments, after AA 

Meanings :- Embarrassed (v): To be uncomfortably self conscious. 

Interpretation :- Getting over conscious about oneself after the ailment has passed away and realizing the gravity of the problem concerning health and trying to think seriously about it. 

Versions :- your patient says, "in the night to attack was very severe." "What about now?" "It is  better" he replies and hurriedly tries to draw your attention towards the intensity of the ailment he  suffered from in the previous night. 

This he does with greater stress so that you should give more importance to what he thinks you should.

"But why don't you like to give due importance to your present condition which is definitely better than  before?" 

"What do you talk" he tresses with an embarrassed tone, "I am so terrified that when I imagine about  the severity of the attack which I had last night, I fail to understand, how could I bear it and pass it  without harm? And further when I think of it that if it happens again I do not think I shall be able to  stand it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

जीवन हैं अनमोल रतन ! "change-change" & "win-win" {a motivational speech}

जीवन में हमेशा परिवर्तन होता ही रहता हैं |कभी हम उच्चतर शिखर पर होते हैं तो कभी विफलता के बिलकुल समीप |हमे अपने स्वप्नों की जिंदगी वाली स...