26 February 2022

Mind Rubrics:with word A

AA - Most frequently indicated. 

A - Frequently indicated. 

B - For lesser than that. 

C - For rare. 

 1.ABRUPT:- C

Meanings - Abrupt (adj):- Sudden, unexpected or without any pre-warning. 

  

Interpretation - Here we have to interpret it as an abrupt -person. If someone is in the habit of doing  everything all of a sudden he will be called an abrupt or an unpredictable person. 

As abruptness causes inconvenience to others, he is treated as a person having no regards for other's  convinence or sentiments and is therefore labelled as a rude person. Which in reality he is not and does  not intend to be. 

Abrupt (case) e.g. A lady had persistent cough for many months. She was asked what was her  problem. She kept quite for a long time. There was no replay. The question was repeated at least five  to six times at short intervals. There was no response. I was about to conclude that the lady did not  want to reply. And all of a sudden as if a shot from the gun she said that she was suffering from cough.  She was further questioned, "since how long"? Again there was no reply. It was revealed by the person  at accompanying her that in her daily routine also she changes her mood all of a sudden. As for  example, " one day we were all prepared for an outing with full enthuasiam and just add the time  departure, she started changing her dress abruptly and said that she was not accompanying us". She  also revealed that she was in the habit of asking someone's assistance to carry out her jobs. On the  basis of two rubrics i.e. "Abrupt" & "Shrieking, aid for"; Platinum - 30 was prescribed and her  problems was solved. 

Versions - The attendants of a patient say, "we can not predict anything about him. He takes no  displeasures all of a sudden. What causes him to do so is impossible to detect before hand. We are  caught unawares and are unable to make anything about his behavior as to why & and when he changes  his attitude towards the members of his family. We simply keep on thinking over the matter as to how  to avoid something that provokes him but he has never allowed us to form any accurate judgment about  his likes and dislikes". 

2. Impulsive (cross reference) c 

Meanings -Impulse (n): Impelled to do anything without pre-meditation or consideration whether it is  worth doing it that moment. 

Impulsive (adj): One who acts under the influence of an impulse which rises like a tidal wave in the  ocean and carries him away. 

Versions - the patient's wife is telling about him that, "on seeing a notice of SALE, displayed outside a  shop. He will enter it all at once and purchase things without taking a pause to think over whether the  goods purchased will be of immediate use. He will repent later on when he will find that he has been  responsible to disturb the whole month's budget & the things needed today have to be postponed for  want of money."

3. Absent-minded

 (cross reference) Absorbed. 

Meanings:- absent-minded(adj): absent-minded is the person whose mind is not present where it  should be. 

Interpretation: - Generally one is bound to remark about such a person ' where are you' or ' where  were you'. 

Versions: - a patient tells, " please repeat what you asked? I am sorry, my mind was away (was not  present) while listening to you."  

4. Absorbed

Meanings: - Absorbeda (adj) Deeply engrossed. 

Interpretation: - Absorbed : person is present but is so deeply involved that he is not available on the  surface 

as if sucked in as water in the sand. Such persons may invite remarks -- "you seem to be so deeply  buried in your work that you did not notice us. We are sitting here before you for the last one hour." 

Versions: -- absorbed: person is present but is so deeply involved that he is not available on the surface  as if sucked in as water in the sand. Such persons may invite remarks -- "You seem to be so deeply  buried in your work that you did not notice us. We are sitting here before you for the last one hour" 

5. Absorbed , alternating with frivolity

Meanings: -- alternating (v) with (p): Two states are interchanging between one another.  Frivolity (n): unseriousness. 

Interpretation: - About his problem sometime becomes serious & the other un-serious. 

Versions: - "With me the problem is that two types of ideas keep on interchanging in my mind. One  moment I will become serious about my problems and go deep into the matter and at the other I will tell  myself there is nothing to be serious about anything, why are you bothering so much". 

6. Absorbed, as to what would become of him B 

Meanings: -- What (pron): Used interrogatively asking for information. 

 Would become of him: would be his fate. 

Interpretation: -- Remains askane about his fate. 

Versions: -- "I remain buried in thoughts if the same state of my health continues what will happen to  me in the remaining period of my life. I have yet to live many more years. 

7. Abstraction, of mind: C 

Meanings: -- Abstraction (n): Act of considering something as a general quality not reading to any  practical result. 

 Mind (n): the part in a human or other conscious being that reasons, understands, wills,  perceives, experiences, emotions, etc. 

Interpretation: -- Getting away from the real subject. It is like the one who is busy in studying a  particular subject and trying to understand it deeply and in between, his thoughts stray away and dwell  on some other subject having no concern with the subject under study. Like what he is going to get to  eat at lunch or dinner or recalls a song and its tune how sweet it was or that if he becomes an  industrialist he will be very kind to the poor etc etc. After sometime he realizes that he was led away  from the real subject and reproaches himself for this lapse on his part. 

Versions: -- "While taking to you (about my ailment) you might have noticed that I stopped in between.  Actually I left the subject under discussion and strayed away to another of no importance. After  sometime I realized with amazement and questioned myself as to what I was doing." This is the part of my mental state. 

8. Abusive C 

Meanings: -- Abusive (adj): One who puts to misuse anything. 

Interpretation: -- it may be one's tongue by using filthy languages, one's authority or position by taking  undue advantage of it. 

Versions: -- " The truth about our child is that he being hour only child knows that we will yield to  every wish of his and that is why he tries to misuse his position without realizing that he is over  straining our resources." 

9. Activity desires, fruitless: C 

Meanings: -- Activity (n): To be in a state of doing something. 

 Desires (v): Wishes to do something although it is not necessary that one should actually  undertake to do something. A wish may remain only a wish and not take a practical shape.  Fruitless (adj): bearing no fruit. 

Interpretation: -- To remain doing something without any purpose or aim, bearing no fruit. 

Versions: -- " He wants to do something but having no eye on the usefulness of his efforts. He is not concerned with the result of his activity. It seems as if he is simply interested in keeping his limbs  moving and if you try to divert his attention towards some useful work which is pending he will pay a  no attention to it".

10. Admonition B 

Meanings: -- Admonition (n): Act of cautioning advising or encouraging. 

 Aggravates (v): to make worse or more severe. 

Interpretation: -- Admonition should ordinarily be accepted by every one as a gesture of concern shown by one's well-wishers and should not be taken as ill. But certain people do not like it and will rather act  against the advise with increased vigour. Actually admonition in the other words is disapproval of a  person's action which is not to his state. 

Versions: -- "Any word uttered to caution or advice or even encourage him in his efforts is going to  have adverse effect in his mind. Instead of taking to correctives, he will try to stick to his ways with  greater vigour." 

11. Affectation B 

Meanings: Affectation (n): a false appearance or assumption of a state, quality or manner or showing off one's abilities accomplishments, position, status or possession etc. 

Interpretation :- because there is a desire to remain in the limelight. This is done by way of projecting  one's prominence in appearance, quality or manner which in reality are not original and are artificially  acquired. This in other words is self projection to satisfy one's ego without harming or cheating others  but with a tinge of exaggeration of one's qualities, etc. 

Versions :- 1. "It is apparent from his face and actions that the patients is in great distress, and a is not  able to bear the pains. Yet he is trying to show that he is not much bothered about it. That  he is a man of perseverance." 

 2. "He is having high fever. He has called for you for the medicine. He is looking at your  face. If he finds that you are taking his case with all seriousness he will try to behave as if  he is not much worried and will try to take credit that how lightly he can take the matter  which is otherwise very grave. But from your appearance if he finds that you are not  taking things we all seriousness he will become serious and will try to behave in such a  manner as to impress upon you that his case requires serious attention. Although he is  strong enough to bear it." 

12. Hypocrisy cross reference C 

Meanings :- Hypocrisy (n): Outward show of having desirable or publically approved, attitudes, beliefs,  principles etc, that one does not actually possess. 

Interpretation: -- In other words ability to befool others like a wolf in sheep's skin by hiding the cruel  realities about himself, and showing of having all the virtues appreciated publically. 

Versions: -- A patient, a social worker came and complained about the after effects of alcohol on his 

digestive system. When he was asked that he is the member of de-addiction association, why then he  consumed it. He said "the sermons are for others and not for myself." 

13. Affectionate B 

Meanings: -- Affectionate (adj): One who shows affection or characterized by affection. Lovable. 

Interpretation: -- One who attracts everyone by manners and behaviour in such a way that they feel  attached to him. One who love and is loved by every one. 

Versions :- "He is really a very lovely child. He behaves so attractively that no one can restrain himself  from doing him a favour. When I entered his room just to examine him he sprung up from his bed  within no time to fetch a glass of water for me. I was so impressed by his gesture that I could not  restrain myself from kissing him. I was definitely inclined to examine him more closely." 

14. Amusement, averse to C 

Meanings :- Amusement (n): something that pleases or hold attention. 

 Averse (adj) to: disliking for. 

Interpretation: -Has lost interest in things which please the mind or hold attention. Versions :- "These days nothing retains my attention even the music which I used to like." 15. Amusement , desire for A 

Interpretation :- Wishing to have some sort of amusement. May not insist on it but will like if he gets it. 

Versions :- "Today I am not feeling well, and I just do not want to do anything except that I should have  something to hold my mind pleasantly. It may be music, a song, a pleasant company full of interest or just a stroll in some park to have a look at beautiful flowers etc. 

16. Anger, absent persons at C 

Meanings :- Anger (n): A strong emotion excited by an injury involving a desire for retaliation.  Absent (adj): One who is not present. 

 Persons (n): Human beings. 

Interpretation :- Desire for retaliation is excited only after the person against whom one is provoked leaves the place or is not present. 

Versions :- "I am angry with certain people and internally I do not like even to see their face but I have  no courage to show my anger in their presence. I don't know as to what happens to me when I am face  to face with them. Then my behaviour becomes so nice as if there is nothing between us." 

17. Anger, interruptions from: AA

Meanings :- Interruptions (n): Cessation of activity many times in between before its completion. Interpretation: - Strong displeasure felt at the breaks experienced to in smooth functioning of anything. 

Versions :- "My ailments are a source of obstruction in every type of my activity. I cannot shave  properly because I can't raise my hands up to my face. I can not eat properly as I can't move my jaws. I  can't walk properly as my knees don't bend. Definitely all this annoys me." 

18. Anger, touched when AA 

 meanings :- touched (adj): Coming into contact with the fingers or hands or any part of someone's  body. 

Interpretation: -- Sometimes touch is pleasant and sometimes unpleasant, may convey friendly feelings  or evil designs and invite reaction accordingly. This is about physical touch. There is another more important in this context where words and thoughts touch the mind and provoke strong displeasure and  a desire for retaliation. 

Versions: -- "Because of my ailments, ideas come to mind that if I die what will happen to my children.  There is none to look after them. They are so small and innocent that they will require love and  affection of someone. These sentiments move my mind violently to argue that I have never thought of  doing any wrong to others then why all this suffering for me and my children." 

19. Answers, repeats the question first C 

Meanings: -- answers (n): Replies. 

 Repeat (v): utter again. 

Interpretation: -Before answering repeats the question himself for getting confirmation from the  questioner or in his own mind to memorize as to what has actually been heard by him. 

Versions :- Dr. please if you don't mind I think your question is that since how long I have been  suffering from this disease? 

20. Dullness, understands the question only after repetition.  

 (Cross reference) 

Meanings :- Dullness (n): Slow or weak performance in perceiving and creating. 

Interpretation: -- as the understanding is slow, requires repetition of the question, by the questioner to  understand it properly. 

Versions :- "Will you please repeat as to what is your question. I am sorry I couldn't follow it."

21. Anticipation, complaints from AA 

Meanings :- Anticipation (n): Trying to foresee or realize before hand. 

Interpretation :- Troubles arising when trying to foresee problems. Becoming tense when thinking, if  such and such problems comes how to solve it. 

Versions :- " I am going out station. There if my trouble aggravates and I am not confident that I shall  be able to manage it so I suggest that you must be me some medicine as stand by so that I can meet the emergency." 

22. Anxiety C 

Meanings: -Anxiety (n): Discomfort about something doubtful. 

Interpretation :- (What will happen, what is about to me, are the questions disturbing one's mind) 

23. Anxiety, alternating with indifference B 

Meanings :- Alternating (n): Two states interchange between one another. 

 Indifference (n): Lack of interest is the 

Interpretation :- Feeling uncomfortable as to what will happen and not bothering for whatever may  come, these two states of mind frequently interchange between one & another. 

Versions: -''Sometimes the thought worries me who knows what is in store for me. Whatever or not I  shall be lucky enough to get cured and sometimes the same thought comes but does not bother me as if  I feel no concerned about my health. This is how these thoughts in my mind interchange between one  another, continuously." 

24. Anxiety, business about. B 

Meanings: -Business (n): occupation or profession. 

Interpretation: -- discomfort about something unknown in connection with business. 

Versions :- "Nothing else is worrying me except that if I do not get relief speedily then who knows what will happen to my job. There are chances of loosing it also." 

25. Business, talks of (cross reference) A 

Meanings :- Talks: exchanges information through speech.  

Interpretation :- Exchanges information etc. about business through speech with others. It shows 

business being the main concern in one's mind. 

Versions: -- "My people have wrong impression about me. Actually nothing worries me I simply try to  know and exchange information, with others about my work. As to the progress made in the projects  left by me unfinished etc. 

26. Anxiety, expected of him when anything C 

Meanings :- Expected (v): hoped. 

Interpretation :- To be doubtful of coming up to the expectations or hopes of others and therefore the anxiety. 

Versions :- "The other day and old patron of mine brought to my clinic a case of cancer which was at  terminal stage. Now the anxiety in my mind was not the seriousness of the case but the expectation of the party. They were quite illiterate and couldn't be convinced that it was a hopeless case. Instead of  

appreciating my straight forwardness and sincerity they would have taken it in other sense that perhaps  for some reason I was not trying to be helpful to them. So the anxiety in my mind was that in case of failure it will be difficult to make them believe that it was really a hopeless case." 

27. Anxiety, others for AA 

Meanings :- Other (adj): Different from self. 

Interpretation :- Feeling concerned about others mostly ignoring self. 

Versions :- " I am never bothered much about my own difficulties. I just can't see others in trouble.  Although I may not be able to help them." 

28. Anxiety, pains from the C 

Meanings :- Pains (n): Result of strain received by nerves. 

Interpretation :- Feeling of uncomfortableness about the impact of pains lest they be damaging or  remain permanent. 

Versions:- "I am worried because of these pains. I do not know where they will land me. Who knows  whether they will leave me or not. If it happens so, will it be without any harm or damage?" 

29.Avarice B 

Meanings:- Avarice (n): An excessive desire to gain and hoard wealth. 

Versions: -" once a patient told me about his behaviour while spending. He related that he was a man 

of lakhs yet he would not like to part with the money which once entered his safe, or the purse. For  instance, he added that for making payment for my medicine he would wait for certain fresh receipts  and would not touch collections already received and revealed further that this tendency was generally the cause of dispute between him and the members of his family." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

जीवन हैं अनमोल रतन ! "change-change" & "win-win" {a motivational speech}

जीवन में हमेशा परिवर्तन होता ही रहता हैं |कभी हम उच्चतर शिखर पर होते हैं तो कभी विफलता के बिलकुल समीप |हमे अपने स्वप्नों की जिंदगी वाली स...